- They paid issues, intra ancestry problems and disputes anywhere between natal towns and communities when you look at the that they was basically married.
- They did rites, traditions, and sacrifices into the area, for instance the latest absolution rites for brand new brides. On the day under consideration, the newest fiance-to-be do declare most of the their own wrong doings towards the otu umuada who does next cleanse their unique.
- The newest otu umuada in addition to performed filtration traditions getting lineage households and you can other places that were experienced contaminated, and so the gods or goddesses wouldn’t leash aside its wrath on anybody, but instead, let them have well being, bounty and you can offspring.
- The fresh new otu umuada heard confessions out of adulterous wives and you may performed purification traditions for them.
She was this new spouse who was simply partnered longest in the community
Their commander, anasi, is the most elder spouse in the neighborhood. The brand new anasi was the fresh new medium through which the women you may voice their issues and you will include the welfare just like the wives, mothers, producers, and you may buyers.
- They assisted descent wives in a situation out of worry and you will problems.
- It read and you will pronounced punishments in circumstances associated with husbands who mistreated their spouses.
- It made sure the village weight and you will marketplace are clean.
- They produced conclusion amongst the growing and harvesting out-of plants.
- It took proper care of pets that had forgotten the vegetation.
From time to time on the lifetime of town, the new otu umuada and otu inyomdi emerged with her because the ladies’ set up to talk about problems that influenced him or her due to the fact ladies in the https://getbride.org/de/heise-dominikanische-frauen/ fresh society.
She made sure sector taboos have been observed, and you will arrested wrongdoers and you may delivered her or him before the omu courtroom
Ages grades were categories of women out-of same years, just who came together in order to offer bonuses on the aspiration and you can work. They did spiritual, personal and you will governmental functions when you look at the area; given knowledge to possess young adults in group existence; and you may given streams having socializing and you will companionship that have been quite beneficial and integrative factors inside the community. Within the Igboland, solitary descent daughters molded by themselves towards the individuals ogbo contacts. One of them are this new okpo ntu and their requirements integrated tidy up and maintaining the new community latrines and you may trash deposits; creating communal labor services such as home strengthening and you can related jobs; and you may, throwing on their own toward moving groups, hence offered discussion boards where girls you will definitely generate good and you will long-term relationship together with other girls regarding classification.
From inside the Igboland reputation try attained, perhaps not ascribed and a good woman’s status was dependent on her own achievement, perhaps not the ones from her husband. Igbo female you certainly will improve their social status by taking headings. These titles provided the newest ikenga, inachi and you may inwene. Entitled female have been accorded numerous regard and those who shown management potential you’ll usually hold governmental workplace.
New omu along with her cupboard out-of called women councilors, ilogu, was indeed faced with retain the feminine area of the area. The marketplace set is actually the fresh Igbo female’s domain. It absolutely was stored all four months. The fresh new omu and her cabinet oversaw the marketplace and discussed its rules. The omu and her case repaired the values out of industry goods and you will discussed sector bans. It acted as a legal in the judging of times and you may persecuting from incorrect doers. The brand new omu appointed a police lady called the awo. New awo accompanied the fresh fixed speed laws and regulations about markets. Business taboos included, zero fighting in the market, palm establish ought not to to be sold into the bunches, but split very first; and last but not least, peppers should be boiled earliest ahead of on the market.
Throughout the precolonial day and age, Western African women achieved together with her to help you vocalize its emotions about facts one affected her or him. These conference grounds and served just like the help sites that women could rely on in order to exact discipline out-of offending men.